1) Christmas decorations out before Thanksgiving-- I'm sorry, I love Christmas and all, but I don't feel the need to start having panic attacks over how much I'm about to spend a full six weeks before the actual holiday. Plus, Thanksgiving has less and less street cred lately. Give it a chance to be a standalone event and it might surprise us.
(Case in point-- a turkey dressed as Santa. You did not see that coming)
2) TV shows that have out-complicated themselves-- If I can't watch the 40 second "previously on (insert show)" and remember what your show is about, TOO MUCH IS GOING ON. I shouldn't have to watch an hour-long recap to jog my memory as to all of the story lines you have going on. Yes LOST, I'm mostly talking to you. Tie up some loose ends already. And coming back in February? Is this a joke?
3) People that move slowly in New York-- Listen people. Do you think I get PLEASURE from awkwardly pacing myself between a slow crawl and a half sprint on the sidewalk just so I can get around you? I'm moving with what can only be described as an ambulatory stutter in order to get away from you. I'm sorry that your life is so meaningless that you can just Eeyore around this city, but I have places to go. Screaming a continuous chant of "are you fucking kidding me?!" in my head on my way to and from work every day is not my idea of a good time. Pick up the pace.
4) Things called "light" that are actually just "less"-- I recently purchased some "lite" bread. I don't know why, but I did. Anyway, I opened the package at home to find out that the individual slices of bread were about 2/3 the size of a regular slice, and maybe 15-20% thinner. That's not healthier, that's just smaller. If I wanted help with portion control, I'd just consume less of what I already have.
5) The heat, my GOD the heat-- I have never lived in and have rarely ever visited a New York apartment that didn't attempt to suffocate it's occupants over the winter. I understand that the NYC Department of Housing mandates that all buildings must have heat from October 1 to May 31, however maybe we need to get some specifications on as to what an appropriate temperature IS for indoors. I don't want to come home everyday and wonder if there are going to be naked, old, Eastern European men in my living room getting a good sweat.
6) The look my family gives me when I eat Nutella with a spoon-- First of all, I tell my parents not to buy it for me. To quote Edward Cullen describing the scent of Bella's blood, "it's like my own personal brand of heroin." But since they insist on "treating me" (which I do appreciate), stop judging how I choose to consume it. Why should I have to put it on a cookie or a slice of bread to eat it if it's the only thing I want to eat? Why waste the calories? I don't want to have to put up the front of having a snack when all I want is a taste. Stop the charade!
7) Beyonce's song "Beautiful Nightmare"-- It's just not good. She's better than that, I'm better than that. Take that crap off the radio already.

Why stop at 7?? Did you get tired out?! I was feeling you on everyone...how about I help you get to 10...
ReplyDelete8) People (guys and girls alike...but mostly guys) who go to the gym, stand annoyingly close to the mirror, and watch themselves as they only work their biceps. I understand if you wanna look at yourself every once in a while...it's cool to be narcissistic sometimes (we all do it), but *come onnn* (meant to be read as the weird older guy's voice in that new Play Station commercial).
9) Wondering Bartenders (or should I say, Bartendresses...why isn't there a female word for Bartender??), specifically in NY. You know the kind I'm talking about...the ones that walk around in posh bars/clubs, looking for people who can't get within 20 feet of even shouting distance to the bar because it's so packed to try to "help" by taking your group of friends' drink order. Not only do they not write it down most of the time, but they say "stay right here...don't move." If they come back at all, it's 20 minutes later...and if by some weird twist* of fate they do bring the order...they completely mess it up! *twist - above referenced metaphorically...as my drink of choice is Goose Straight up with a Twist w/a splash of apple pucker*
10) TV shows that have laugh tracks...I used to not have a problem with this, but as I am sitting in bed watching Friends right now, I just realized that sometimes I chuckle just because the laugh sound track prompts me to laugh...damn TV subtle tricks!!
wow. i don't know who you are, but i think you should start your own blog about stuff you don't like haha. thanks for adding on!
ReplyDelete