I think I might drink too much.
This really only bothers me for one reason: I have to change toothpaste brands. You see, as with Pavlov's dogs, you can only mentally experience two things together so many times before they become so intricately intertwined with one another that they are inseparable. For me, this has become hangovers and my brand of toothpaste.

(For George, it was food/sex/tv)
I realized this the other morning as I began to brush my teeth and suddenly felt overwhelmingly nauseas. "How could this be?" I thought to myself. I hadn't gone out the night before, hadn't drank at my apartment, went to bed relatively early and got enough sleep...it didn't add up. After I rinsed and spit and rinsed and spit and hopped in the shower, I felt better. Odd.
A few evenings later, the same thing happened. Then it hit me: I'm so often drunk or hungover (and sometimes both) when I'm brushing my teeth that I've began to associate that minty Colgate flavor with feeling like shit after a debaucherous evening. This just really bothers me because I've been using this kind of Colgate for so many years that having to switch brands is like losing an old, familiar friend.
However, if I had to switch toothpastes or vodka, I'd have Colgate on the next bus outta town.
Other reasons why I should be concerned with my alcohol intake but am not is my empty wallet, poor decision-making (hello? last post??), late-night pita chip intake, and my performance at work. The last and first of those issues ought to be enough to deter me altogether, but frankly my job's not that busy and we're often drinking there as well...so who's to say that it's the alcohol outsiiiiide of my office that's slowing me down? Certainly not me.
No comments:
Post a Comment