To this, I say "poo poo on you." To be a Man of Goose & Bull is a coveted honor. Far be it from me to toot my own horn, but dare I say that "meny" of the Men have gone on to do wonderful things after making even so much as a cameo? Now I'm not claiming any of their successes are directly related to them being knighted with a nickname and having something personal about them splashed onto the internet...but I'm not claiming they aren't.
EB. When EB and I broke up he was an over-30, balding, unemployed attorney with a roommate whose hygiene left something to be desired. I started writing this blog and now he's moved out of New York and into his own place, taken a fancy government job, and...well to hell if I know if he's still losing his hair or if he ever bit the bullet on that follicular transplant surgery he was boring me to death with the details of, but the point is he's successful and happy. There are (probably) dozens of men who have overcome male-pattern baldness to lead fulfilling lives, and I'm glad to note that EB is among those ranks. Goose & Bull says, you're welcome.
LE. Wow, it's been exactly a year since we've broken up. I think we've only had communication once this entire post-breakup period. Anyway, I started writing about him in this blog and now LB has gone from slaving away for a moderately recognized reality television show to working for Oprah. OPRAH. I imagine his everyday life to be something akin to this:
Goose & Bull says, no need to thank me.
BB. This Friday will be our five month anniversary (yikes!). Since I have first mentioned him in my blog he has found a new job, officially become a New York resident (yes, they count Brooklyn), totally revamped his wardrobe (to which I get full credit), and is about to partake in a 12-mile Tough Mudder race. I'd pretty much be hard-pressed to say that Goose & Bull (and me) is the best thing that ever happened to him. Goose & Bull says, I'm proud of you, BB.
Eastern Block Beau. Ah yes, I'm including you on this list. You made a solid case to your girlfriend and I about how you are sensitive and English is your second language. It was almost perfect timing after this aired on Wednesday night:
And it would have been REALLY perfect timing for tugging at our heartstrings, as we approach the holiday season, had you not made this case to us and then immediately announced to an entire party that they should prepare themselves to watch your "erotic jump" out of an airplane in the video they were about to view...when you meant "erratic jump". Goose & Bull can only say this, Eastern Block Beau: You have now had two mentions in one week. Prepare for greatness to come rushing in. Oh, and neni zac.
So, as the saying goes "some men are born into greatness while others have greatness thrust upon them." Please, allow me to thrust away...
So, as the saying goes "some men are born into greatness while others have greatness thrust upon them." Please, allow me to thrust away...
No comments:
Post a Comment