It's late on Sunday evening and I'm feeling self-indulgent so bear/bare with me.
(I never can remember which version of "bear/bare" is correct there. I'm not an animal, nor am I naked.)
-I was really hoping that a boy I like would call tonight and he didn't. We went out Friday night and spent half of Saturday together (yes, Mom) so I know that hearing from him on Sunday would probably be crazy. However, it's also crazy that I want to win the lottery, have Gisele's legs, and marry a prince but that doesn't make me stop wanting those things. Is the day-after-follow-up text too much to ask? LE always did that after our dates and I realize that I've grown dependent upon them. To hell with playing it cool! I'm not cool at all, I openly admit it. Also, while it seemed like we both had a great time and really connected, he didn't say he'd call me again. This could be because he either a) figured that was implied after a 16 hour date or b) has no intention of seeing me again. Naturally, I've been debating these two points back and forth since leaving his apartment. The heart knows not reason.
-I just made that last sentence up but it sounds like a real saying, right? Very poetic. I'm reading Pride & Prejudice right now and I've found that while some of my friends are reading Precious and walking around texting me and talking to themselves like an uneducated girl from Harlem, I am at the grocery store hearing my shopping list recited with Julie Andrews' voice and using sentence structures that are more appropriate for a carriage ride to a ball than a 2 1/2 block hungover walk to a deli on the Lower East Side.
-I get selective ADD. Tonight, honesttoGod, for the better part of 40 minutes I went back and forth between changing the sheets on my bed, painting my nails, switching around what I was watching on Hulu, picking out my clothes for tomorrow, and folding laundry. I can safely say that not one of these things got done well, and most, not even at all.
-Speaking of TV (well, Hulu, which is kind of like TV), I would never want to be on a reality show. I just couldn't face how disappointed my family would be in me if they knew what I was actually like. Do you think Snooki's parents watched the whole season of Jersey Shore, looked at one another and thought, "We did a good job. A damn good job."?? Well, I'm definitely not as much of a mess as she is (or...anyone on that show...) but I don't think me starting out a first date with someone by taking vodka shots is exactly how they want to believe they raised me. I also don't think I ever want to see footage of my drunken adventures when I've sobered up the following day.
-I am a terrible juror. The first day of our big trial this month, I came home and googled the case and the names of the people involved. Also, I have the worst poker face ever. Anything I'm thinking or feeling is usually right out there. This is detrimental because in court, as they've presented evidence and findings for things I've already read about in an old online NYTimes article, it's all I can do to not scream out "Oh myGod! I know! What ABOUT that?! huh??!"
-Pandora is messing with my mind. I play music through that site all day at work and am constantly "liking" and "disliking" songs so I can really tailor my stations to play exactly what I want. This is fine until I put on my ipod on the subway ride home and hear a song that I've "disliked" and immediately think to myself, "Hey! I thought I told you never to play that again!?" Also, the other day I was running around my office taking care of errands and when I came back to my desk I realized there was no music playing. When I looked at the site, the message "Are you still listening?" had popped up. I clicked that yes, I was, and felt myself get infuriated! I put on my jacket, shut down my computer and left within the next 18 seconds but as I walked out I thought to myself "that'll teach Pandora! Only IIIII say when I am and am not listening! Don't second-guess." I guess a little bit of power goes a long way with me.
To quote The Situation, "winter is cold." Damn this season! I think that cabin-fever has set in and I'm going crazy.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahahaha
ReplyDelete"When I looked at the site, the message "Are you still listening?" had popped up. I clicked that yes, I was, and felt myself get infuriated!"
i get snappy with pandora too when this message pops up. i also get mad at microsoft word's spell check when it tries to correct someones name. "stupid spell check, that's a persons name! dummy."
hahaha "don't you know ANYTHING, computer? Go-od!"
ReplyDelete